Former suffragio churchLucca

The project included; structural rehabilitation operations, works to adapt the hall and adjacent spaces and bring them up to building regulation standards, restoration work to the fa├žade (which was in an advanced state of decay), and internal spaces. Surfaces were restored, once careful stratigraphical investigations had been carried out, enabling the original colours of the church and clarity of the architectural decoration to be retrieved.

Photography & Project by Spira Srl Photography & Project by Spira Srl

Photography & Project by Spira Srl Photography & Project by Spira Srl

Photography & Project by Spira Srl Photography & Project by Spira Srl

Additional Info

Abstract:
The Suffragio church is one of the prime examples of Counter-Reformation architecture in Lucca. Its construction began in 1634 to a design by Francesco Buonamici on a former burial site for victims of the 1630 Plague. The church was consecrated in 1646 and work was completed in 1675 with the installation of the high altar, which was later removed by Elisa Baciocchi in 1809 and donated to the Cathedral in Ajaccio.
Servives rendered:
Preliminary and Developed Design, Construction Documentation, Site Supervision and Site Safety Coordination
Date:
2001/2002
Client:
Lucca City Council
Utilizziamo cookie tecnici e di profilazione (anche di terze parti) per migliorare la tua esperienza su questo sito. Continuando la navigazione accetti l'utilizzo dei cookie; in alternativa, leggi l'Informativa Estesa e scopri come disabilitarli.Utilizziamo cookie tecnici e di profilazione (anche di terze parti) per migliorare la tua esperienza su questo sito. Continuando la navigazione accetti l'utilizzo dei cookie; in alternativa, leggi l'Informativa Estesa e scopri come disabilitarli.